The festivities kick off at the beautiful and historic Staircase Cafe and Theatre (27 Dundurn St. N.) at 2:30pm. After a full day of shambling, you'll definitely want to order a snack or a full-meal from the Staircase's delicious new menu and quench your undead thirst with a full complement of drinks including draft beer and wine. Food and drink orders are cash-only.
SCHEDULE OF PARTY EVENTS
3:00pm: RAFFLES OPEN
Help support Horror in the Hammer's not-for-profit events and film screenings by entering to win some awesome prize packs featuring sinister swag courtesy of Fangoria, Raven Banner Entertainment, MonsterMatt Patterson, Hammer City Records, Prouse Pottery & Soap Co., and more! Winners will be drawn at 4pm.
3:15pm: ZOMBIE TRIVIA
Get your zombie horde together (4-6 people) and gather your brains to play along with our live zombie trivia contest. The winning team will receive a prize pack filled with goodies from our local sponsors to be hungrily split up among the participants like a fresh victim. Cheaters will be head-shot on sight. In the case of a tie, winner will be decided in a SUDDEN DEATH overtime round.
3:30pm: ZOMBIE COSTUME CONTEST
To enter, you have to sign up and be present at The Staircase (27 Dundurn St. N) between 3:30pm and 4:00pm on Saturday, October 18. Three of our best costumed walkers will win one of these grand prizes.
||FIRST PLACE|| - a $180 value
||FIRST PLACE|| - a $180 value
- A weekend pass for two to HORROR-RAMA: Toronto's ONLY All-Horror Fan Convention: NOVEMBER 1-2, 2014. Featuring guests such as makeup legend Tom Savini, Nivek Ogre (REPO!, Skinny Puppy), Barbie Wilde (female cenobite in HELLRAISER II), Jovanka Vuckovic (THE CAPTURED BIRD), George Mihalka (dir. MY BLOODY VALENTINE), and many more!http://www.horrorramacanada.com
- An October subscription to Horror Block! Horror Block is a monthly pop-horror package filled with ghoulish goodies and horror collectibles delivered right to your door! Each Horror Block ships with an exclusive horror t-shirt.For more info: http://www.horrorblock.com
- A copy of FANGORIA LEGENDS PRESENTS: GEORGE A. ROMERO. Fangoria's tribute to the zombie master contains essays on every one of his horror features, from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD to SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD, plus interviews with key collaborators (John Russo, FX wiz Tom Savini, actors John Amplas, Lynn Lowry and Debbie Rochon, etc.), examinations of how his movies were marketed and their impact on popular culture, words from the man himself and more.
- Two free "Red Zone" passes to CAMP HALLOWEEN on the night of October 31, 2014. Not for the faint at heart, Camp Halloween is a 12-hour, overnight, interactive Horror camping adventure. This experience is designed to be the next level of interactive horror. By choosing to stay in the “Red Zone” tent area you will be sleeping on the hunting ground of an alien head-taking tribe called the Dayaki. If you get caught by the Dayaki and are not freed by dawn, your head will be removed in a ritual of blood to the gods and your head kept as a trophy. All content is strictly for entertainment purposes and at no time will campers ever be in real danger. Lasting 12 hours (8pm-8am), this Camp Halloween Skull Head event is suitable for those 16 and over. http://camphalloween.ca
- An October subscription to Horror Block!
- A copy of FANGORIA LEGENDS PRESENTS: GEORGE A. ROMERO.
- Free admission to FRIGHT NIGHT THEATRE's Ontario Premiere of black horror-comedy BAG BOY LOVER BOY. November 22, 2014.
- Horror movies and goodies courtesy of Raven Banner Entertainment,